How to Enable the inbuilt Linux Bash Shell in Windows 10: Linux nerds celebrate. As of manufacture number 14328, Windows 10 enables you to run an exceptional kind of the Bash shell (on Ubuntu) in a window. Utilizing Bash, you can explore around the document framework, introduce and run Linux summon line applications like the vi word processor or, with some informal changes, attempt to stack windowed programs. In any case, before you can utilize Bash in Windows 10, you need to turn it on. Here’s the ticket.
How to Enable the inbuilt Linux Bash Shell in Windows 10
Steps to enable bash shell in Windows 10
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Click Update & security.
- Select For Developers in the left column.
- Select Developer Mode under “Use developer features” if it’s not already enabled.
- Navigate to the Control Panel (the old Windows control panel). You can get there by hitting Windows Key + X and selecting Control panel from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Select Programs and Features. If it’s not visible, make sure you select “Large icons” from the “View by” menu.
- Click “Turn Windows features on or off.“
- Toggle “Windows Subsystem for Linux” to on and click Ok.
- Click the Restart Now button.
- Search for Bash in the Cortana / Search box and click its icon.
- Type “y” and hit Enter when prompted to install Ubuntu. The system will then take a few minutes to install Ubuntu in the command prompt window.
- Create a username and password.
- And it’s done. Enjoy the bash on Windows.
- How to Earn Bitcoins for Free - June 22, 2017
- How to Get in App Purchases for Free - June 21, 2017
- How to Take 360-Degree Photos without 360-Degree Camera on Android - June 17, 2017
- 5 Methods to Make Google Chrome 5x Faster - June 12, 2017
- How to Get 8 Ball Pool Free Rewards Daily - June 9, 2017
- How to Root Moto G5 Plus Step by Step Guide - June 8, 2017
- How to Earn $200 to $300 Daily without Investment - June 6, 2017
- How To Break Golden Ball 9 Ball – 8 Ball Pool - May 30, 2017
- Earn Play Store credits by answering few survey questions - May 25, 2017
- How to Enable the inbuilt Linux Bash Shell in Windows 10 - May 24, 2017